Go give this guy some love!

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Good news, everyone!

(I know, I know, you've got this guy's voice stuck in your head now.)

I got a call from Del-Ton on Wednesday on my way home, and a quick check to my bank account confirmed it: not only am I getting my upper VERY soon, I'm also getting a free upgraded part due to a mix-up on their end. Worthy of note: the folks who work in customer service at Del-Ton are lovely people. Really. I have yet to have a poor conversation with any of them. Maybe that worked in my favor here, as well. Who knows? All I know is I'm FINALLY getting my upper.

Range time soon...possibly with my cousin in tow. He wants to learn to shoot while he's out of school for the holiday, and if the weather holds I'll take him to the rifle range. C needs to shoot his AR, I need to shoot my AR, Mauser, and .22, and we both need some shotgun time with the new shotgun.

11 comments:

Mike W. said...

Sweet! So can we expect pics and a range report soon?

I need to shoot mine too, but I'm having serious eye dominance issues that don't crop up when shooting pistols.

falnfenix said...

That would be a negative. Since the break-in attempt I've been a little more paranoid about photos showing anything of worth. You'll just have to come out to the range in Carroll County when we go. :)

Mike W. said...

Makes sense. I haven't been to the range much lately, but plan to remedy that soon. I'm gonna see if I can get one or both sisters to the range over Winter Break as well.

I'd definitely be up for a trip to MD to turn lead into noise.

DirtCrashr said...

Did it shoot well? Didja have fun? Happy New Year! Hope to visit more often. ;-)

falnfenix said...

Mike - obviously we haven't gone yet, but i'm hoping for a warmish spring like we had last year. C bought me a scope for my AR, so i'm ready and itching to go. Once we can figure it out, you'll know.

DC - not yet. had a death in the family that tossed my world upside down the past month. literally: i got the upper, then my grandfather went into the hospital, then he passed away. it just hasn't been a priority. once i DO get to the range with it, i'll be all babbly and giddy, i'm sure.

have a happy new year, yourself!

DirtCrashr said...

I'm very sorry for your loss - it's been a bad month for that; so did Sarah from Carnaby Fudge and Phlegm Fatale just lost her (grandfather).
Godspeed to him.

falnfenix said...

thanks.

quite a few people lost relatives this month...both online friends and those i know in real life. it seems 2009 wanted to go out with a last "fuck you" to a lot of us.

Jennifer said...

shotgun time is always a good time

falnfenix said...

indood. i really need to just plunk down money for my own, but i haven't bothered.

yet.

since this year is the year of the 1911.

Michael said...

What I love about shotguns is that you can get/build a pretty nice one on a tight budget! That's one of the many reasons that I consider a good, 12-gauge pump to be The King of home defense! I originally paid like $200 for mine, and $100 in parts later, it's PERFECT! There's not another class of weapon that I can think of that I could attain like that.

falnfenix said...

we have a 12ga in the house (two if you want to count the coach gun), but to be quite honest, i'm not a fan of shooting it. i'm planning on buying myself a 20ga sometime, if the other half doesn't spring for it first. :)