Go give this guy some love!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Things from around the 'net.

I honestly do not recall how I found all of these today, but they're all worth checking out.

First, go check out a gallery of lady shooters throughout history.

Second, go watch this video.

Third, this is one of many reasons I love Mark Twain's work. Also, it's worth mentioning that his insults towards those in Washington generally manage to fit the bill. Still.

Fourth, Baltimore's currently experiencing the beginnings of SNOWPOCALYPSE 2010. If you twitter, feel free to search for #Snowpocalypse2010 - a lot of us have been babbling about it. So far, it's been nothing but immediately-melting snowfall. Incredibly lackluster, considering how we're already under a State of Emergency, and our lovely governor fears we'll run out of salt this weekend. Way to go, O'Failey. Putting salt trucks on the roads 8 hours before any precipitation started wasn't the greatest idea, now was it?

Finally, I have a request for my three readers. I'm in the market for a 1911. My top price is $700, and I'd like similar already-installed parts as are in the Para GI Expert (this was the pistol I intended on purchasing, but Para doesn't like the stupid casing law in Maryland, so I would have to jump through a ton of hoops to get it. Not worth it for a $500 pistol...). Halp? Will take any and all suggestions.

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

Mike W. said...

The 1st thing that comes to mind is the STi Spartan.

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/combat-handguns/sti-spartan-45acp/

Looking at gunbroker they seem to be in the $600-700 range.

falnfenix said...

The pain in the ass part is that's the used price. I'm trying to go new.

Mike W. said...

Nope, believe it or not that's the price for a brand spankin' new one. MSRP is just under $700

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=156823613

Talonarms has em for $663.90

here's one from Dawson Precision

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=6DC0000-1161707138

falnfenix said...

Hmm. Maybe i'll go talk to my guy, see what he says.

Thanks. :)

falnfenix said...

crap, RIA just entered the realm of possibility with THEIR new match pistol. $650 gets me similar stuff as the STI.