Go give this guy some love!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I must be babbly today.

C and I have only begun talking about Bug-out Bags, mostly to the extent of sticking extra canned goods in a box.  I'm starting to think about them more...merely for the practicality of it.  I don't think any major disasters are going to happen where I live, but political unrest is always a possibility, and I live way too close to our nation's capital to write it off as something I shouldn't worry about.

I've read about stuff before...comprehensive lists, things to avoid carrying, that sort of thing.  Somehow, they always manage to contradict each other.  Then I started reading this blog and while I'm only into HYST-Documents, everything he says makes sense.  Not only that, but most of the things he lists are common sense type things.  I think, out of every discussion I've read, I'm going to use his as the most comprehensive and realistic.  In fact, so far, I think the only thing I disagree with is leaving pets behind...but I know my cats CANNOT survive on their own.  They'd have to come with me.

What's your opinion?  Do you already have a BOB set up somewhere in your home?  What's in yours?

2 comments:

Mike W. said...

I don't really have a BOB, though I guess I should.

The closest thing I've got is a loaded pistol, spare mag, and $500 bucks in a small jewelry box in my safe.

falnfenix said...

We don't even have that set up. I could grab a few things, but if I were trying to get out of a house on fire, I'd be dead long before I tried to grab everything I needed. I like his suggestion for keeping a laptop bag with digital copies of everything important handy, ideally near the bed. At the very least, it's a step toward self-preservation after the incident occurs.