Go give this guy some love!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where's the fun?

As I cruise the tubes looking for information on various firearms and gun related activities I have noticed that there is a severe lack of fun being presented in relation to this topic. Discussions are always tangled with politics. Politics are very important to gun owners and shooting sports enthusiasts, but we need to stop and think where gun talk should stop and politics talk should start. They can be separated. I’m not advocating stopping politics talk, but if we are going to get more people interested in gun related activities we need to make it less imposing and realize when the two things need to be separate and when we should talk about them together. We forget that sometimes the guns themselves are imposing enough to new shooters and that some existing shooters get tired of the same old discussions. I’ll go into this more as I think about it, but I really think that fun needs to be emphasized in order for gun related activities to move forward. Thoughts on this are welcome as I’m still hammering out my own.

3 comments:

Mike W. said...

Rule # 6. Don't talk politics when bringing a newbie to the range. It's about having fun and being safe, that's it.

Rule #5 is that they are to put the gun down, facing forward, immediately if I tell them to. This way I can address a dangerous/unsafe situation with at least less danger of being muzzled.

ViolentIndifference said...

Rule #5 is that they are to put the gun down, facing forward, immediately if I tell them to. This way I can address a dangerous/unsafe situation with at least less danger of being muzzled.

EXCELLENT rule to add!

mupedalpusher said...

I wish politics were never involved when it comes to my guns!!