Go give this guy some love!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I have a suggestion for teaching new shooters.

If your newbie is a photography dork, tell them to counterbalance like they would with their camera.  I've used this suggestion twice now and in both situations, said newbie was getting shots in the inner circle.

It's a bit of a forehead slapper, and I wish I'd thought of it before now.  It really does make sense...and it works.  Go ahead and use that tip next time you take a photography nerd out...see how they do once they internalize the idea.


In other news, got a little more time with the PX4.  Better reliability this time around.  Didn't really start to have FTFs until round 35-40.  Still need to get some +P to run through it.  Starting to like it about as much as I like my Bersa (and the Bersa is still my go-to carry pistol, so that's saying something).

3 comments:

Evyl Robot Michael said...

Yes! There are a lot of similarities in the disciplines between photography and gunning. Good catch!

Old NFO said...

Good point, will file that one for future reference!

Laura said...

I actually have my friend's wife to thank. She's a pro photog, and while I stumbled around trying to explain how to avoid the "chick lean" she offered that.