Go give this guy some love!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A meme post.

It came to my attention that The Miller tagged me in a couple of memes.

First, he apparently has NO taste whatsoever, because he nominated me for the Liebster Blog award.


The rules are as follows:
- Paste the image on our blog.
- Link back to the blogger who gave us the award.
- Pick our five favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
- Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.

Because I like breaking molds, my list includes almost no gunblogs. It does, however, include a bunch of people I really like. Their political opinions probably won't agree with yours, so IF you decide to visit their blogs, please be kind.

Anyway. Here's my list!
AnotherGunBlog
Hiding in the Trees
117 Hudson
Where in the World is Rebecca Today?
Top Shelf Reviews



I was also tagged in the honest gun owners meme:
"I will write down 5 things that indicate, to me, that a gun owner or shooter maybe is an honest one; I say 'maybe' because I have known some seemingly honest gun owners to tell some really tall tales. Then I will tag 5 other gun owners who are also bloggers and I hope each will play along, each listing, in their blogs, at least 3 things that are indicative a gun owner is an honest one, then sending the challenge of this meme on to 5 other gun owner who are also bloggers."

My list is pretty short:
1 - They immediately disapprove of posed photos in which an individual is fingering the trigger of a firearm. This is pretty indicative of their trigger discipline, particularly if it's an involuntary response. I'm more likely to feel comfortable shooting with this person.
2 - They invite anyone and everyone to fire anything they have at the range with them...and will offer ammo
3 - They will openly share situations where they've made a major error. They will discuss what happened, where they went wrong, and how to avoid it.
4 - They will admit when their shortcomings are causing poor groupings or generally bad targets. They might joke that the sights are off on a particular firearm, or that the recoil is weird, or the ammo isn't "right," but they make it obvious that they're joking.
5 - They're honest about why they like or dislike a particular firearm. They will also admit they can't make a decision because they haven't handled a particular firearm.

Now, everyone I would have picked has been tagged. If there's anyone left who wants to play along, please feel free!

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thanks for doing that and congrats on the 'award' :-)