Go give this guy some love!

Saturday, August 31, 2013

I'm not qute sure how to title this post.

I'm still way behind in checking blog posts. Home time is mostly spent with Chris and in cleaning the house in preparation for a new member of the family joining us soon (NOT a two-legged screaming thing, so don't even suggest it), work time is spent working. So I mostly mark everything as read to avoid getting overwhelmed.

Well, two days ago a fellow blogger did a pretty remarkable thing...especially considering how many pro-gun folks tend to be very against the idea of people's genders not fitting the bodies with which they were born.


I know really, really well how hard it is to admit something that major to family and friends. To admit it to a large crowd of people that may or may not support one is ... stressful. And terrifying. And I'm thrilled to see so many people supporting her.

This isn't eloquent; it's late, my brain is squish, and I'm not terribly good at using my words with that combination of situations. Just go read what she has to say.

9 comments:

Garand Gal said...

I never know what to say when it comes to things like that, so I just state what I think and leave it at that LOL
Is there a puppers in your near future?

Laura said...

i think you did a great job at expressing an opinion. it's hard to share opinions about someone you don't know very well admitting something very difficult for them, you know?

and yeeessss. :D have a show prospect bitch coming from our breeder soon!

Jennifer said...

You said it perfectly

Squeaky Wheel said...

I'd say you did pretty damned well. :-)

Erin Palette said...

"My brain is squish." I like that. May I steal it? :)

And like Jen and Squeak said, your words are wonderful. What they may lack in polish they more than make up for in sincerity of emotion. Guess which is more important to me?

Thank you so much for your support. HUGS!

Laura said...

Jennifer, Squeaky - Thanks.

Erin - be my guest. i stole it from someone else. :)

what i lack in polish i try to make up for in baldfaced honesty. i'm not good at sugarcoating or making my words more politically correct. in fact, i suck at it. it's lost me some friends along the way, but i figure those folks aren't the best folks to have around in life, y'know?

Old NFO said...

Honesty always works, and this crowd IS more accepting than most... The common interest is guns, which crosses all boundaries.

Laura said...

NFO - This crowd's more accepting of some things...and less accepting of others.

NotClauswitz said...

I'm glad for her, it's hard to find much happiness sometimes and often we get in our own way. I guess I'll have to tell her myself though. :-)