Go give this guy some love!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How did I manage to know nothing of this movie before now?

I just watched The Final Countdown. I didn't know it existed before this week, and thankfully Netflix Instant had it ready to watch for me.

If you haven't seen it, watch it. It wasn't superb, but the premise is neat and there's a decent amount of planepr0n. It reminded me of a series of books that were likely inspired by this movie.

I like this idea of suddenly being dropped back in time. I like the concept of forcing characters to decide whether to be honest about who they are, or hide their background in an attempt to fit in. I guess that's why I liked Back to the Future as much as I did.

8 comments:

Alan said...

That's been one of my favorite movies since it was released.

Laura said...

It was definitely a fun movie to watch. I don't know if it'll be in my top list, but now that it's on DVD it's worth a purchase.

Miguel said...

I will join Alan and admit I saw it when it was released and liked it too.

Keads said...

Miguel and Alan- guilty as charged as well.

Weer'd Beard said...

yeah you haven't listened to VC enough, Alan has talked about it quite a bit on the show. I still need to watch it.

Mike W. said...

I'd never heard of it until this post.

Old NFO said...

I had a couple of friends in it, both said it was absolutely BORING to film...LOL And the film makers had to understand they weren't getting multiple tries with the airplanes (not at $11k/hr)... Still in all not bad :-)

instinct said...

I was on the Nimitz and every time we pulled into port they would play the theme song to that movie, and they had to play the actually movie the first night out from port.

I learned to hate it with a passion.