Go give this guy some love!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

More controversy over printed AR15 parts.

About a month ago, I posted about printable AR15 magazines. Now, Make reports that this has caused Thingiverse to reconsider allowing weapons and parts of weapons to exist on the site. More about it here.

I understand their concern - they want the site to remain accessible to schools, and schools will most likely block any website that shows how to create firearms. I don't think it's unreasonable to make those how-tos restricted by age.

4 comments:

North said...

I stopped reading Make, Thingiverse, and Lifehacker a couple of years ago. I got the impression that everything was run by children.

Laura said...

I gave up on Lifehacker for similar reasons, but I like to skim Make for the neat ideas they show from time to time. I've never browsed Thingiverse.

Mike W. said...

It's not hard at all to simply put those in an age-restricted portion of the site. I'm inclined to think they'll end up just pulling all gun content. I hope I'm wrong.

Old NFO said...

Yep, they are afraid of guns... they'll pull all gun and knife stuff.