Go give this guy some love!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Spookytime - Undead

A couple of years ago, Chris and I came across this odd Aussie zombie flick on the boob toob, and sat down to watch it.

It turned out to be a festival of awesome and gore, capped off with one of the most ridiculous firearm contraptions I've EVER seen.

First, the website. A small warning - it's noisy and flash-heavy, so be aware of that before visiting.



So the basic premise is this: meteorites hit a town in NSW, Australia. Somehow (and this is not explained), people start turning into zombies. Then craziness ensues. Oh, and there are aliens helping to keep the infection contained. Because that makes sense. Read more about it over here.

And now for the gun list:
1 Remington 870 Slug Gun
2 Inglis Hi-Power
3 Beretta 92FS
4 Satin Nickel M1911A1
5 Norinco 77B
6 Colt Combat Python
7 Micro UZI
8 Smith & Wesson 916A Shotgun

The 916A is the wacky contraption I'm talking about. One of the characters, Marion, rigs THREE of these bad boys together. And shoots them. The ridiculousness is unparallelled. We haven't seen anything this nuts since Reggie's quad barrel from Phantasm II and IV. BUT WAIT, IT GETS BETTER! At the end of the movie a survivor, Rene, is seen with a QUADRUPLE shotgun.

Yes, friends, I have seen awesome. And it's made of four shotguns.

4 comments:

Mike W. said...

Obviously they know the folks from Red Jacket firearms....

stopsign said...

I have not seen this whole movie, but I have caught 1/2 of it on late night TV.


I did not know if I should admit that or not. :)

Old NFO said...

LOL- Never saw that one :-) Don't think I would, other than for the guns!!!

Bubblehead Les. said...

Sigh! Doesn't anyone understand T-Bolt? You don't use Shotguns on Zombies! Sheesh!