Go give this guy some love!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Pardon the squee...

This weekend was fabulous...not just because I got to meet tons of blogpeople, many of whom I've wanted to meet for a good long while, but because we got the opportunity to see or meet a few of the more famous members of the NRA.

First, MikeW and I encountered The Nuge.  While we didn't get a chance to talk to him, he certainly seemed like a super nice guy.  He was merely inundated with people, so we backed off.  Got a few pictures, though - Chris posted one over the weekend, so if you missed it, go look.

We then encountered R. Lee Ermey at the Glock booth, and he was equally inundated with people.  He seemed pretty darned nice, even after people tried following him out to the smoker's deck. Again, we avoided approaching because the guy HAD to be exhausted from talking to so many people over the weekend.

After that, I encountered a guy whose shows Chris and I watch every Wednesday night, and whose book is on the list of stuff to read: Michael Bane.  I'll admit, I'm a fan.  His shows make him seem approachable, funny, kind, and absolutely in love with the shooting sports...and from what I've seen, he isn't putting on an act.  We found him at the Tactical Solutions booth on Sunday and had a great conversation - he gave Chris some pointers on SASS stuff, too, which will come in handy.  Oh, and he seemed particularly interested in making sure I keep writing.  Yes sir!

Mr. Bane, thanks for taking the time out to talk to us.  We both appreciated it greatly.  Also?  Happy birthday!

4 comments:

Scott McCray said...

Squee-ing pardoned! I met Michael at last year's blogger dinner - he's an approachable, friendly and down-to-earth guy. I saw him briefly this year, but didn't get a chance to speak to him. (color me envious)

Chris said...

He is very nice and easygoing. Just like he seems on TV. I really enjoyed talking to him. You forgot to mention his awesome Panama Hat. :)

Breda said...

Michael Bane has the best shirt collection ever!

Laura said...

Scott - he really seems to draw people into conversation quite easily. i admire that in famousy peoples...it's rare they're so chatty.

Chris, i figured i'd let you mention the hat. :P

Breda - SERIOUSLY. his hats and shirts are always different and always neat.